Slithy Tove Design realises that manufacturing is inherently wasteful of resources, but is committed to reuse, recycling and sustainability:
- All 3D prints are made from recycled plastic from Filamentive.com or 3D Tomorrow (who both manufacture filament in the UK). Material is 55% or 70% recycled bio-plastic, depending on colour.
- All boxes and packaging materials have been re-used (from packages sent to me or others). Tape is biodegradable paper.
- All plywood used in laser engraving is FSC-certified laser plywood.
- All hardwood items are made from sustainably-sourced timber (from a local tree surgeon or British Hardwoods).
- All wood finishes are either Osmo Oil/Wax Finish (vegan oils and waxes - food safe/saliva resistant) or Boiled Linseed Oil (natural linseed oil with some chemicals added for faster drying).
- All energy is from vegan, sustainable sources (from Ecotricity).